You're with someone you've known all your life, or perhaps they're a total stranger to you. Or maybe you know them, but don't necessarily like them. Either way, something has happened and you are the only thing that stands between them living or dying. Now it's up to you to decide: are you going to risk it all to save them, or leave it to fate?
-Post a top level with your character's name/series/and preferences if desired in the title!
-Tag around! Feel free to use some of the prompts listed or come up with your own! Start from right after the initial saving, or thread it out! It's up to you!
-Scenarios can be tweaked to be as severe as desired; for example, character A might be stuck in a blizzard with character B and instead of one of them getting frostbite they're both forced to share warmth to keep from becoming ice blocks. ...or you know, whatever. I'm not the boss of you.
1) Accident: It happens so suddenly that neither of you could have seen it coming. You're walking on the sidewalk and a car turns a corner too sharply. You're somewhere high and you've lost your footing. The bridge you were trying to pass over collapsed, trying to bring one of you with it. Or perhaps even- in the heat of the moment- one of you caused this. Whatever the case, you've only got seconds to react.
2) Drowning: It can happen quickly to even the most experienced swimmers. When the current has you, it's no small feat to escape. You won't be able to make it out of this on your own. And even once you're out of the water, you're not necessarily out of the woods yet.
3) Freezing/Overheating: You're trapped in extreme conditions. Maybe you're stuck in a blizzard, or you've gotten lost in a desert wasteland with no civilization in sight. You're in danger out here, but at least you're not alone.
4) Illness: You've come down with something that may or may not be leaving you in an unsure situation. That fever is awfully high...maybe someone can look after you, just in case.
5) Injured: Something has already occurred, and the chance for preemptive saving has passed. But maybe you can still get help if you're brought to a doctor quickly enough...or maybe you're going to need some emergency first aid immediately on site. Hopefully you know somebody who can keep you together.
6) Wildcard: Come up with your own scenario!